Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 tsps vanilla(teaspoons)
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsps baking soda
72 unwrapped kisses (our kids love to do this part... and eat some along the way :))
2. Combine crisco, Jif, brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar in large bowl.
3. Beat until well blended. Add eggs, milk and vanilla.
4. Combine flour and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended.
(dough will be stiff)
5. Form dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and place kisses in middle of cookie. Return to oven.
7. Bake another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.
Baking is one of my favorite ways to teach language skills and new vocabulary! It is also such a great activity for practicing conversational skills and learning about measurement... while also being so yummy!