The Readathon starts today (along with my Summer Virtual Book Club!). We are planning to have a busy summer reading at our house!!
Click here to learn about how you can participate in Readathon 2012 in more detail.
The basic summary is that you...
- Sign up for a MeMeTales account and download the app
- Download a new book each week to read
- Earn stickers and print off a certificate each week as you read
- Share any book-related activities you do (I'll be posting several that you can try and so will several of my blogging friends)
- Participate for six weeks and fill your summer with reading!!
Here are the weekly themes for the next six weeks:
Week 1 – Animal Fun
Week 2 – Friendship
Week 3 - Character Development
Week 4 – Imagination
Week 5 – The Green earth
Week 6 – Global Cultures
This week some of the free books are...
The Five Little Ducklings- an illustrated rhyme to teach kids about counting.
The Donkey and the Wolf- a simple illustrated version of Aesop's fable that teaches kids to be true to themselves.
MeMeTales will also offer a curriculum package each week with activity extensions for the themes. These will be exclusive to readathon participants. You can access these by signing up for a MeMeTales account.
Also, for every child that signs up for the Readathon, MeMeTales is teaming up with FoodforEducation.org to send a hungry child to school for a day!
Combat the summer slide and have fun reading together with your kids! I hope you will take this challenge and participate with us!!
Disclaimer: Due to my participation in the Readathon 2012, I am receiving the featured books for free from MeMeTales. In exchange, I will be sharing book inspired, fun activities with you each week!