We think that Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Seuss's book The Cat in the Hat are pretty silly, so we decided to make some popsicle puppets with some materials we had lying around the house.
- blue pom poms
- popsicle/craft sticks (fat ones)
- white paper
- red and white paint
- paint brush
- googly eyes
1. Paint your craft sticks 3/4 of the way red.
2. Paint the top of the craft stick white.
3. Cut out 2 circles and write "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" on each circle.
4. Glue the circles to the red part of the popsicle stick.
6. Use glue to add googly eyes to the white part of the craft stick.
7. Add blue pom poms to the top of the sticks with glue.
8. When everything is dry, add a mouth and nose with a marker.
9. Use your Thing 1 and Thing 2 to go and do goofy things around your house! Make messes, balance things on your head, and just be silly!
10. Read The Cat and the Hat and try and find Thing 1 and Thing 2... talk about what they do!
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!