I have been loving the different school bus themed crafts and activities floating around lately.
Loved this School Bus photo craft from No Time for Flashcards
and this School Bus filled day at Fryman Four (if only I could be as fun and creative as this mom!)
We made a photo bus today and loved it.
Materials Needed: yellow, black, and brown construction paper, white cardstock, scissors, glue, copies of a few photos, colored pencils or crayons.
- Draw a bus and two tiny circles on a piece of yellow construction paper and cut them out.
- Draw two wheels and four squares out of black construction paper and cut them out.
1. Have your toddler add glue to the back of the bus and stick it on to the cardstock.
2. Have your toddler add glue to the back of the wheels and stick them to the bottom of the bus.
3. Next, have them glue the little yellow circles to the center of the wheels and add the four square windows to the top of the bus.
4. While my little guy did the gluing, I cut out pictures of the people he requested (mom, dad, himself, and his aunt). Then he stuck them on to the windows so that it looked like several of his favorite people were riding the bus with him!
5. Add other details with crayons or colored pencils. My little guy wanted to make a sun in the corner like the one he saw on No Time for Flashcards.
6. We also cut out a strip of brown paper for the road and glued it on.
We ended our fun by singing the Wheels on the Bus and driving around the neighborhood to see if we could find any yellow school buses- one of our favorite driving activities!
Our favorite bus book right now is Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems.