Sunday, February 28, 2010
Book of the Week: Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems is a favorite in our house mostly because of how I do expressions as I read it. Last week I was babysitting some little friends, so we whipped out this story because it is short and especially funny to three and four-year-old kids (in my opinion). It is also a very simple story but has some fun language in it.
Here's a cute version read aloud by a little boy and his dad (if you don't have the book)
Some activities we did, will be doing later this week, or think would be cool to try are below...
- Coloring the bus and the pigeon. You can either draw your own coloring pages freehand like I did, or find some online pages.
- Try out The Faces on the Bus photo craft by No Time for Flashcards.
- Make buses out of cardboard or foam (above). Check out the details here.
- Make egg carton school buses and add a little pigeon in the window driving the bus.
- Act out the story. It practices sequencing and let's them throw a little pretend tantrum :) My little guy loves yelling, "LET ME DRIVE THE BUS!!!" over and over again.